Preclinical Study Phase / Foundation Course 1st – 5th semester
- Attendance of lectures, practical sessions, and courses.
- Biology, physics and chemistry, anatomy, physiology and physiological chemistry, material science, propaedeutics and prosthodontics.
- The subject matter is discussed and practiced in courses and practical training and there are demonstrations and presentations. The students also perform their own work and experiments.
- After the second semester, there is an intermediate science examination ('pre-preliminary examination') in chemistry, physics and biology.
- After the fifth semester, there is a dentistry preliminary examination ('Physikum') in anatomy, physiology, physiological chemistry and prosthodontics.
Clinical Study Phase / Main Study 6th - 10th semesters
- At the centre of this study phase are the general medical subjects (hygiene, micro biology, pharmacology, pathology, surgery, internal medicine, ENT diseases, skin diseases and radiology) and above all, practical training in dentistry.
- Lectures, exercises and courses in conservative dentistry, periodontics, dental surgery, prosthodontics, orthodontics and maxillofacial surgery. In these courses, the students are initially familiarised with dentists’ treatment units and working techniques, subsequently patients are treated.
- Lecture- and course-related certificates from the lectures and courses.
- Dentistry examination (state medical examination) in 4 major subjects and 7 minor subjects.