Visual Universitätsmedizin Mainz

Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ

  1. Where and how do I apply for a place at the university?
  2. How high are the numerous clauses?
  3. Can I change my university place and if so, how?
  4. Am I able to study medicine with the technical collage qualification?
  5. Is it possible themselves as guest student in lectures and courses from the Universitätsmedizin Mainz being participate?
  6. When and where will I get my performance sheet?
  7. Where to log out from a course?
  8. Is it possible to log out before a examination was written?
  9. What do I have to do, if I would make a leave of absence?
  10. When and where do I submit to a medical certificate?
  11. Where can I change my address?

Where and how do I apply for a place at university?

Places in the first semesters of medicine and dentistry are allocated via the Foundation of University Admission ('Stiftung für Hochschulzulassung').

How high are the numerous clauses?

The height of the numerous clauses dependent on both the number and the qualifications of the applicants, and will it change on that basis. On the internet pages of the 'Stiftung für Hochschulzulassung' you can find out how high the numerous clauses have been in previous Semesters.

Can I switch/exchange my university place and if so, how?

Please contact the student office at Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz (JGU). Further information about switching/exchanging universities can be found here.
Here you can find information for a changing to the JGU.

Am I able to study medicine with the technical college qualification?

About the admission requirements for applicants without a General A-Level ('Abitur'), you find detailed information here.

Is it possible to audit the courses at the Universistätsmedizin as a guest?

The guest student program at the Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz serves a general continuing education purpose for individuals seeking knowledge in certain fields, without intending to receive a formal qualification (certificate, reference, etc.). The participation of the guest student is only possible for optional courses and electives at the Universitätsmedizin Mainz.
Further Information, as well as information for application, is on the site 'Zentrums für wissenschaftliche Weiterbildung' (centre for continuing education) in German.

When and where will I get my certificates?

Since the summer semester of 2009, the certificates are no longer printed. Students can find their results and certificates on the online platform JOGU-StINe (CampusNet) and print them from there.

How do I drop a course?

During the registration period, the students can register for and drop courses. After the registration period courses can only be dropped through the student office (Studienbüro).

Is it possible to drop an examination before it is written?

Students must immediately notify, in writing, the professor of the course about the reasons for dropping the exam. If the professor permits the resignation the course will be counted as incomplete and no credit will be given. Permission can only be granted if valid reasons are given, the professor immediately notified and the request is processed. In case of an illness, a note from a doctor MUST be handed in. If a student misses an appointment for performance review without giving a valid reason, or she/he does not take part in the performance review without giving a valid reason, the assessment will be graded as ‘insufficient’.

What do I have to do if I would take a leave of absence?

There is the possibility to take a leave of absence. You must request the leave of absence during the semester before you are to leave (by the time you pay your student fees for the following semester) at the admission centre (Studierendensekretariat). A leave of absence is possible. for maternity leave, parental leave, illness or study abroad. Further information can be found here. If you have any questions, please contact the admission office at the campus (JGU) or the relevant study Office.

When and where do I submit to a medical certificate?

If you are unable to partake in a course or exam due to illness, please submit  a medical certificate to the study office or at the student admission centre. If your certificate says that you are not be able to study, please give this certificate to the admission centre or the study office of the relevant scientific institute as soon as possible.

Where can I change my address?

Please report name or address changes to the student admission office (Studierendensekretariat) on Campus.